- To make different colored frosting, add about 4 drops of food coloring. If you are using "neon" food coloring, add 6-7 food drops. You can add more/less of food coloring to adjust to wanted color.
- I halved the frosting recipe and it frosted around 25 cookies. If you were to use the entire recipe, then it would frost around 4 dozen.
- Bake your cookies until the are slightly golden around the edges. The cookies may seem underdone, but they will harden up once you start frosting them.
Yield: 5 dozen
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. 3. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
Click here for Sugar Cookie icing