Puppy Chow is normally used with powdered sugar but this time I’m using it with a brownie mixture. Yes, you read me right. Brownie mixture replaces the delicious sugary powdered sugar. Also, I have another step-by-step slideshow for you below :)
Here are some hints that might help you when making this:
- When melting your chocolate sometimes your mixture will become over-heated. Meaning its going to be hard, goopy mixture. Add 1 T. coconut oil and it will become smooth.
- Make sure to coat your Chex with the chocolate mixture very well. You’ll have to be folding the Chex for 3-5 minutes.
- Always add more sugar, or in this case brownie mixture. The recipe originally called for 1 C. but I used an extra 1/4 C.
Be careful, this stuff is addicting!
Peanut Butter Brownie Puppy Chow
Yield: 6 servings
6 C. rice Chex cereal
1 C. milk chocolate melts or chips
1/2 C. peanut butter, creamy
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 C. brownie mix, from the box
1. Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
3. Pour over cereal and fold until covered.
4. Dump into a large plastic bag and add brownie mix, seal and shake until coated. (If you don't have a large plastic bag, pour brownie mix over cereal and stir well. Or you can use a pot with a lid to shake it in.)
5. Dump onto a cookie sheet and toss with pieces of brownie or peanut butter brownies (or even Reeses Pieces or peanut butter cups would be great!).
(Recipe source: Your Cup of Cake)