sugar dusted, peanut butter-y goodness. I have made these treats several times and discovered the more sugar and chocolate the better they taste. This is (seriously) the easiest snack you will ever make.
First, you melt your peanut butter, chocolate, butter and vanilla. Make sure to stir every 10 seconds so the mixture doesn't burn. Also, use room-temperature butter. Once you chocolatey goodness is finished melting, pour over your Chex mix. Then, add your powdered sugar.
Note: You may find it easier to use a brown paper bag then a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
You can also fill a little jar of these guys and tie a ribbon onto the top to make a great Christmas gift (check out my Pinterest board on Christmas gifts, I'm under Rainy Day Cooker) . In 15 minutes you can make the most addicting snack ever.
Yield: 9 cups
9 C. Rice Chex Mix (almost a full 12.8-ounce box)
1 C. semisweet chocolate chips
½ C. creamy peanut butter
¼ C. salted butter
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
2 C. powdered sugar
1. Place the Rice Chex cereal in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract in a medium bowl or 4-cup measuring cup. Microwave in 30-second intervals on 50% power, stirring after each, until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture over the Rice Chex cereal and use a rubber spatula to mix it until all of the cereal is coated.
4. Place the powdered sugar in a gallon-size zip-top bag. Put all of the chocolate-covered cereal into the bag, zipper it closed, and then shake it very well until all of the cereal is coated with powdered sugar.
5. Spread the mixture out onto a wax-paper lined sheet pan to cool and set, about 30 minutes, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (Not that you'll have to store it for that long, it will be gone within a few minutes)
(Recipe from: Chex)